Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rosa Acosta



Every so often we run a throwback edition from the old arkatechbeatz.com archives with some updated pics. For those who missed it, this month we pull up Rosa Acosta. Check out the interview and of course the pics below .

ATB: Wsup Rosa, how are you doing today?

R.A: I’m doing amazing, thanks. 

ATB: Now I know your resume is pretty long, but for the record can you briefly give our readers some background on yourself, where they may have seen you and your work?

R.A: I was a member of the Dominican National Ballet in D.R. About 5 years ago I came to USA and 2 years ago I shot a stretching video/clip that got people asking for more of Rosa Acosta. After that I been in music videos with Drake, 50 cent, Mario, Gucci Mane, Sean Garret, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, The DEY, Mike Posner, Soulja Boy, Omarion, Chris Brown, Juelz Santana, Kidz in The Hall, Lil Wayne etc. French Rapper Bubba, Spanish artist such as Jowell y Randy, Alexis y Fido, Amarfis, Fuego, LDA, Aventura, Coscuella, Cristian Skala, Baby Ranks, Melimel, and cover model for magazines like KING, SHOW, BLACKMEN, SMOOTH, LOWRIDER, JM etc. 

ATB: Jeesh that’s incredible! Ok, so you’re from D.R?

R.A: I was born and raised in Dominican Republic and I currently live in LA

ATB: Cool, so you’ve been modeling for about…. 2 years?
  
R.A: I been modeling full time for almost 2 years now... I just happen to be in the right place at the right time and that’s why I’m here.

ATB: Nice! So what do you enjoy most about the modeling business?

R.A: The love from my supporters is what I enjoy the most! 

ATB: Awww (laugh) Ok, now people see the glamour but often don't see the hard work it takes to be successful in this business. Can you briefly describe a typical day grind for you, from the time you get up in the morning?

R.A: One thing about my life is ... there’s no typical days anymore. It can be wake up early to go to another city, Do interviews, shoots, go host a party, go to airport and do it all over again in another city ... or 12 hours on set for a commercial or music video... 

ATB: Definitely a hectic lifestyle. Now I want to say a lot and I mean a lot of women are taking pictures in the bathroom from their cell phone, posting them on twitter and calling themselves a model (laugh). Can you briefly explain what an official, published model is for those who may not have an idea?

R.A: There are different types of modeling; I work as a commercial, glamour, fitness model. To me what matters is being paid for your job. So being paid to model, sell, promote a brand or product is my idea of a model.

ATB: Ohhh ok gotcha. From the earlier question I can see the modeling lifestyle gets pretty hectic and busy. What do you like to do when you so get some free time?

R.A: Take ballet, acting classes, go to the movies, workout, spend time with family and friends, read etc.

ATB: Cool. Now of course the fellas what to know, what kind of men do you like?

R.A: Mature, respectful, hardworking with great personalities and sense of humor. 

ATB: There you go fellas, tighten it up.(laugh) Ok on to more serious stuff. We have this column on
arkatechbeatz.com called Music Industry Bullsh*t where we vent about some of the B.S we go through as producers. I know you get hit with the bullsh*t in this business, so let’s hear one. What’s the biggest one you’re tired of??

R.A: When somebody wanna work with me but refuse to go tru my management ... that’s something I can’t deal with. 

ATB: Yeah that one happens a lot. So many people claim they are about their biz but clearly are not. Another thing, what do you think about body enhancements like butt implants and all? Is it going too far?

R.A: I honestly don’t care what anybody is doing with their body

ATB: I feel you, pretty much do you. Now there are a lot of young girls that are trying to get in the modeling game. Can you give some advice? Maybe tell them what to expect, what to look out for, what not to do?

R.A: The best advice would be to go to school and get a career ... But if you really want to model make sure you work with professionals, and never do anything you don’t feel comfortable with.  

ATB: Good advice. So what's next for you? Any new projects we should be looking out for?

R.A: I’m working on a new website. My calendar, DVD for 2011 is out and doing amazing at www.rosaacostastore.com , been doing lots of commercials, working on some acting gigs, TV shows, music videos, magazine covers ... a workout DVD ... there’s still a lot about Rosa Acosta.

ATB: Wow, a lot. Any other ventures you would like to get into outside of modeling?

R.A: Yes def working my way to the fitness industry, acting, TV etc

ATB: Cool, Any regrets or something you would have done different?

R.A: No regrets

ATB: Good. Now how can fans keep up with you and stay informed on the latest with you?


ATB: and if one wants to get you for a shoot or hosting how do they go about that?

R.A: Contact my ONLY manager Charles Gardner at Management@rosaacosta.com  

ATB: There it is! And let me give a shout out to Charles for making this happen, and on that note I think that about wraps it up for now. I want to thank you for giving
arkatechbeatz.com this exclusive interview. We appreciate you taking time out of your day for this, it was really a pleasure. Do you have any last words for our readers?

R.A: I love you guys! and thanks for the support!  Hugs & Kisses!


*Check out some pics of Rosa Acosta at work below








No comments:

Post a Comment