Sunday, October 28, 2012

Jayda Starr


For a new model Model Jayda Starr has hit the ground running. She has already been featured in a few magazines and sites and is already getting features on a few major magazine covers. You def have to respect her grind and ambition for this business isn’t easy. Check out the interview below as we talk about what she likes and dislikes in the modeling business, advice for upcoming models, her thoughts on body enhancements and more. And of course, don’t forget to check out the pics….(like I really had to say that) Enjoy!!


ATB: Wsup Jayda? How are you doing today?

JS: I’m great. Very blessed, thanks for asking.

ATB: Cool! Please give our readers some background on yourself. Where they may have seen you and your work

JS: I've been modeling for about a year strong now; I’m 25, Jamaican and Dominican. I like to think of my self as the Next Iconic Model! I’m published in Dondiva, Asis,& Straight Stuntin magazine. I actually have 2 covers coming up in January 2013. You also may have seen me on GGurls.com, problematikmodels.com, jiggyboxtv.com plus more. My YouTube is also very popular YouTube.com/JAYDASTARR1

ATB: That’s wsup. Where are you from?

 JS: I was born in Queens, NY and raised in south FL.. I currently live in Orlando FL

ATB: Ok, so what made you get into the modeling business?

JS: I've been a model my whole life!! (Laugh) but I seriously made it a reality a year ago. It's always been a passion, my parents were mainstream models. I got into the Business because it was just time, now or never!

ATB: I feel you on that. No time like the present. So what do you enjoy most about the modeling business?

JS: I enjoy the creativity of it every shoot is different. I enjoy the travels you never know where your next job will be.

ATB: That’s exciting. I know the schedule can get busy at times. What do you like to do when you do have some free time?

JS: On big on relaxation, so my free time is leisure time! At the beach with a book or catching up on a really good movie.

ATB: Sounds great. I can do that right now. Now let’s get a little more personal. What kind of men do you like?

JS: I like some one who's confident, articulate, well dressed. What attracts me is a great attitude someone who's humble with a touch of cocky.

ATB: I hear that…now…what part of you body is your favorite and why?

JS: id have to say my legs, on 5`7 but they go on for days

ATB: yup!! (smile) Ok now name one thing that fans may not know about you.
JS: I was a ballet and jazz dancer my dad has every recital tape! I also agent to a performing arts school

ATB: Oh word? That’s wsup! Now we have this column on ArkatechBeatz.com called Music Industry Bullsh*t where we vent about some of the B.S we go through as producers. I know you get hit wit the bullsh*t in this business...so let's hear one. What’s the biggest one you’re tired of??

JS: When people want to work with me but they give my manager hell.. It's like if you’re a man or a rapper by all means have a manager. When you’re a model they want you to go into this biz with a blindfold. It's taken me a longer road by doing things the right way but I’m setting my standard from jump.

ATB: That’s an excellent way to start. With that said there are a lot of young girls that are trying to get in the modeling business. Can you give some advice?

JS: For the new models and younger girls, I’d say be careful, everyone wants to take your picture and put you in a video only 50% are telling the truth.. Do your research, work with good people, have a direction. It's not all glitz and glam there is work involved (laugh) you have to be committed and stay encouraged

ATB: Very good advice. What do you think about body enhancements like butt implants? Is it going too far? Health concerns? I've seen some horrifying stories.

JS: This subject is so touchy and taboo.. I've heard some crazy stories myself. I think with anything in life you have to do what's right for you, don't go overboard and don't hurt yourself! There's always a right way wrong way to do things. Everybody has something they want bigger or smaller, this or that if you can change it with out ruining yourself cool, if you can't live with it your beautiful anyway. We are our worst critic.

ATB: True indeed. Ok any projects you are currently working on? I know you mentioned having 2 covers coming up?

JS: Yes I do, have 2 January covers coming up, one for stunnaz inked and one for fyne girls magazine. I also have a jaydastarr 2013 calendar coming up

ATB: Dope! Any other ventures you would like to get into outside of modeling?

JS: Yes of course.. definitely acting, runway, hosting.. Maybe a clothing line

ATB: Ok how can fans keep up with you and stay informed on the latest with you?

JS: YouTube.com/JAYDASTARR1 has all my behind the scenes to my shoots and travels also Dymeanite.com has exclusive videos

ATB: If one wants to get you for a shoot how do they go about that?

JS: They can book me through my manager’s email at dymeaniteent@gmail.com

ATB: Cool...I think that about wraps it up for now. I want to thank you for giving arkatechbeatz.com this exclusive interview. We appreciate you taking time out of your day for this, it was a pleasure.

Check out pics of Jayda Starr below:







































No comments:

Post a Comment